Thursday, June 13, 2013

One Love San Francisco - June 15th, 2013

As you may know, I love practicing yoga and this year I have decided to take my practice off the mat! I’m excited to be participating in OneLove San Francisco, a yoga benefit class for the Ecuadorian Amazon that my great friend Kristine has organized, in collaboration with the national yoga organization, Off the Mat,Into the World (OTM). OTM uses the power of yoga to inspire conscious, sustainable activism and to ignite grassroots social change. Kristine and I met during an OTM leadership training last year.
I’m excited to take action and support Kristine in her effort. As part of my participation, I have agreed to raise at least $108 for the Ecuadorian Amazon. I’m writing to ask you to donate to my fundraiser.
I will take part in a special two-hour yoga class taught by 12 inspiring teachers. It’s a unique opportunity to experience multiple teachers in one class. The class takes place this Saturday, June 15th, and I can’t wait! If you are in the SF Bay area please join us at Dogpatch Wineworks from 10am-12pm.
The Amazon rainforest is home to half of all life on Earth. The Ecuadorian Amazon has the highest rate of deforestation in the region, losing 2.1% of its rainforest each year. Albert Einstein once said that the definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results. If we allow this culturally and ecologically fragile region of the Amazon to be drilled for oil, we know what will happen. History has already taught us that. The question is will we allow history to repeat itself? 
To learn more watch this informative 10 minute video that was on NBC:


Visit NBCNews.com for breaking news, world news, and news about the economy

Even if you are not able to make the event, please consider making a donation today. Your donation will go to grassroots organizations in Ecuador who are working to provide clean drinking water for indigenous and farmer communities in Ecuador’s Northern Amazon; build a rural medical center for families living in remote areas of the rainforest; and build two open classrooms for Amazon youth. 
Your donation of any amount is tax deductible. (Off the Mat, Into the World federal tax #59-3841326.)
There are three ways to donate:
1.      Online at my fundraise.com page
2.      Checks made out to Off the Mat, Into the World
3.      Cash

Thank you for reading and taking the time to consider how you can help. Even keeping yourself informed is helpful. I appreciate your support!!

Much LOVE from SF,
Brianna
Here's a wonderful memory of Kristine & I getting our yoga on in beautiful Point Reyes!

No comments:

Post a Comment