Monday, December 19, 2011

Gili T, Lombok, Indonesia


Just a short 2 hour boat ride from Bali and bam - Gili Trawangan (Gili T)! My first step on this island and I was reminiscing to Caye Caulker Belize where Sarah S & I were Open Water Scuba Certified.

Gili T is one of three small islands off of the Northwest coast of Lombok.  No Cars, No motorbikes, only horse carts, bicycles or your own two feet.  Very refreshing after experiencing the insanity of Kuta, Bali (Bali will be another post). You can bike around the whole island in about 30 minutes. Now this is island life! I loved it - adorable bungalows, my type of chill nightlife, everybody was friendly and helpful. We finally met tons of great travelers like us. Good memories and great advice for countries to come. It was inspiring talking to year- long travelers and even some living abroad. The scheming begins in my head….
Our Home for 3 nights - Big Bubble Bungalow
Happy Hour at Sama Sama Reggae Bar
This trip was all about diving for me.  Tons of great dive shops (we were staying at one) and with the Similan Island dive trip ahead I decide to get Advanced Open Water certified so I can dive too deeper depths. Thanks Pablo!  5 dives with skill tests within two days was intense! Many many underwater pictures J
Lionfish during my Night Dive
Nemo Aka Clown Anemonfish




Tips for anybody who may be headed to Gili T:
How to get there – Fast boat is well worth it, 2 hours with a snack. We talked them down to $50/per person for a roundtrip including pick up and drop off at the hotel
Places to Stay – Pesona or Big Bubble
Places to Eat – Scallywags
Places to Dive – Big Bubble with Pablo (dive and snorkel trip prices are fixed on the island)

3 days on this amazing island was not enough for me. Who’s coming back with me? 17k more islands to explore!

Here are all the Gili T pictures on Picasa:
Gili Trawangan - Lombok

No comments:

Post a Comment